Evaluation of this outcomes of academic and cognitive activities of students
Successes of educational and activity that is cognitive of pupils are seen as a quantitative and qualitative indicators expressed and recorded by the assessment.
Assessment of real information – definitions and expressions in conditional units (points), as well as in evaluative judgments for the instructor of knowledge, skills and abilities of pupils prior to what’s needed associated with curriculum.
Concept of criteria for assessing the total outcomes of intellectual task of students
In contemporary pedagogy of senior high school you can find different methods to the meaning of requirements for assessing the total outcomes of cognitive activity of students. Some scientists propose for the object of assessment to take the structural aspects of academic activities, particularly:
- Content component – the total amount of knowledge about the thing of research (prior to curricula, state criteria). When assessing listed here traits of real information to be analyzed: completeness, correctness, logic, awareness (understanding, the difference involving the primary plus the additional); verbalization, this is certainly verbalization (interpretation, explanation); capability to use knowledge, etc.
- Operational-organizational component – the capability for the pupil to find the means of action pertaining to the curriculum of this discipline that is evaluatedsubstantive actions); specific mental traits, ie ability to compare, abstract, classify, generalize, etc. (psychological actions); skills to evaluate, plan, organize, get a handle on the procedure and also the link between the duty, basic activity (basic academic actions). The analysis, plus the correctness, freedom regarding the performance when it comes to novelty ( by the model, similar, fairly new), will also be to be analyzed. understanding and design that is verbal reproduction (translation), description, application in conditions of novelty, etc.
- Emotional and component that is motivational mindset to review (indifferent, maybe not sufficient positive, interested, expressive, good).
These traits may be taken as being a foundation for determining the amount of academic accomplishment, general requirements for his or her assessment and appropriate assessments (in points).
Other requirements for evaluation student’s success
The requirements for evaluation may additionally be:
- character of assimilation of currently understood knowledge (degree of understanding, durability of memory, volume, completeness and precision of knowledge);
- the standard of knowledge found because of the student, the logic of reasoning, the argumentation, the series and self-reliance of this presentation, the culture of speech;
- amount of mastering already understood ways of activity, skills and skills of application associated with obtained knowledge in practice;
- perfecting the knowledge of imaginative activity;
- quality regarding the work (external design, the rate of execution, diligence, etc.).
Some teachers consider the degree of knowledge to function as primary criterion for evaluation:
- reproductive (knowledge is consciously identified, fixed in memory and reproducible information that is objective topics of cognition);
- reconstructive (knowledge is manifested into the willingness and cap ability for the student to put on them in similar, standard or variational conditions);
- creative ( students can apply knowledge and effectively assimilated means of acting in non-typical circumstances).
Today, numerous educators are developing their very own way of evaluating students’ knowledge, abilities and abilities. When you look at the viewpoint of some of them, the evaluation should always be based on the amount and content of mistakes produced by the student. They argue their perspective that in some sports a performance without errors and shortcomings is calculated because of the number that is maximum of, and also for the errors being made, the rating is paid off (gymnastics, acrobatics, figure skating, etc.). Continuing from such suggestions, some scholars ponder over it expedient to just take certain assessment errors and defects in dental responses and written works for the evaluation criterion. It is important to elaborate norms of assessments, this is certainly, to look for the quantity of errors and defects that correspond to an assessment that is particular. Requirements and norms of assessments must certanly be developed for each discipline that is academic consequently, the necessity for any universal, general evaluation criteria vanishes.